Making memories for over 85 years.
Since 1932, Scripture Memory Mountain Mission/Camp Nathanael has been a source of life changing memories. During the past 85 years, thousands have participated in the events hosted at our 500 acre campus. Located in the heart of Eastern Kentucky, it is our desire to offer you the opportunity to enjoy our facilities and activities. We are an inter-denominational Christian ministry.
The primary goal of SMMM/Camp Nathanael is to win the unsaved to Christ and encourage them in their Christian walk. Emphasis in placed upon constructive, consistent teaching of the Word of God on the level of the age group concentrating on evangelism, discipleship and Christian service. The mission does this in many ways with the intent of strengthening the local churches.
SMMM/Camp Nathanael strives to minister across the spectrum, economically and spiritually. The youth outreaches draw many unchurched young people and opportunities for evangelism are great. The adult programs primarily attract Christians from a variety of denominational backgrounds and various stages of spiritual maturity.
- In the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as given by the verbal inspiration of the Holy Spirit, inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in all matter of life and faith.
- In the Holy Trinity of which God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are co-equal, existing from eternity to eternity.
- In the virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jess Christ, who was begotten of the Holy Spirit and is true God and true man.
- In His sinless life and substitutionary death for sinners, His bodily resurrection and ascension, His present ministry of intercession, His personal coming for His church, and His visible and pre-millennial appearing on earth to bring in His Kingdom.
- In the original creation of man in the image of God, in the total depravity of man by the fall, in salvation by grace, in justification by faith, in the eternal security of all believers, and the eternal punishment of all unbelievers.
- In the Holy Spirit as a Person who proceeds from the Father and the Son, by whom every believer is regenerated, indwell, anointed, baptized, and sealed into the body of Christ when He believes. Titus 3:5, 2 Cor. 6:19, 2 Cor. 1:21-22; 1 Cor. 12:13, Ephesians 4:30
- In the reality and personality of Satan.
- In the unending blessedness of the saved in Heaven and the unending punishment of the lost in Hell.